CeramTec is a leader in the design and manufacture of complex electronic ceramic components and assemblies used in a wide range of applications and cutting edge technologies. CeramTec Industrial specialises in the development and production of various hemispherical segments and focal bowls with different electrode and metallisation configurations.
- HIFU medical and industrial
- Sonar technology & hydroacoustics
- Underwater object recognition
- Choice of metallisation (Silver, Nickel, Gold and others)
- Evaporated and chemically deposited metallisation's available
- Thickness frequency tuning available on request
- Wide choice of PZT formulations
Dimensional Range (Hemisphere/ focal bowl)
- Outside Diameter/ Diameter from 6mm (0.24”) to 152.4mm (6”)
- Wall thickness / Thickness from 1mm (0.04”) to 10mm (0.39”)
Custom sizes dimensions outside of the above may be possible – please consult for further information.
Standard Mechanical Tolerances
- Outside diameter/ diameter ± 0.150mm
- Wall thickness / Thickness ± 0.05mm
Tighter mechanical tolerances are achievable but are dependent on the plate length, width and thickness.
- Silver fired thick film - Evaporated Nickel
- Electroless nickel - Gold flash
- Tin - Evaporated Gold and others available on request