Insulating Silicate Ceramic System Components in Temperature Control Technology and Household Appliances
Precise switching behavior under any operating conditions, even under extreme temperature fluctuations, is just one of the many advantages that CeramTec silicate ceramic system components for insulating and electrical temperature control technology have to offer.
CeramTec’s own in-house materials development and preparation team lays the groundwork for series production of silicate ceramic system components renowned for their superior functionality and convincing quality. Beyond this, silicate ceramic materials also feature yet another distinct advantage: their impressive insulating capabilities.
“Their high sensitivity and activity makes CeramTec sensor materials ideal for many low-power applications and especially for pulsed operation.”
This combination allows CeramTec to deliver customers a full spectrum of silicate ceramic system components comprising bases and sockets, sensor tubes and insulating components, for example.
- Limiter tubes for thermostats
- Thermostat bases (housings)
- Switchgear insulating components
- Ceramic socket outlets for ovens and grills
- Terminal bases for ex-protection
- High-frequency insulators
The benefits of using insulating silicate ceramic system components in temperature control and household appliances include precise switching behavior under any operating conditions along with:
- Higher operating temperatures compared to plastics and other materials
- Tightest part component design tolerances
- Guaranteed functionality thanks to ceramic materials with precise thermal expansion coefficients
- High-volume production even for complicated dry pressed and extruded parts