CeramTec is a world leader in the design and manufacture of complex electronic ceramic components and assemblies used in a wide range of applications and cutting edge technologies.
CeramTec’s Global Electroceramics Divisions specialise in the development and production of various rings sizes, bearing variety of electrode and metallisation configurations. This variety of Rings is fabricated from 33 published and additional custom in-house piezoelectric material formulations to address needs such as high power, sensitivity, stability in cryogenic temperatures as also in high temperatures and extreme pressure imposing applications.
- Outside Diameter from 1mm (0.04”) to 150mm (5.9”)
- Inside Diameter from 0.5mm (0.02”) to 140mm (5.5”)
- Thickness from 0.15mm (0.006”) to 25mm (1”)
Parts can be produced to the size ranges shown, but not in every combination of dimensions expressed above.
Standard Mechanical Tolerances
- Outside Diameter ± 0.150mm
- Inside Diameter ± 0.150mm
- Thickness ± 0.05mm
- Flatness 0.002**/0.012mm MAX (** lapped silver or sputtered)
- Parallelism 0.007**/0.012mm MAX (** lapped silver or sputtered)
- Concentricity 0.2mm TIR
Tighter mechanical tolerances are achievable but are dependent on the ring inside and outside diameters and thickness.
- Silver fired thick film standard - Silver fired thick film flat lapped
- Electroless nickel - Gold flash
- Tin - Evaporated Gold, Nickel and others available on request
Appropriate statistical methods ranging from AQL’s to 100% testing are used on electrical parameters in accordance with EN-50324-1. A brief summary is provided in hard copy and typically includes low field measurements of capacitance, tan delta and the main parameters used to determine piezoelectric activity. Procedures other than this can be negotiated, and additional data requirements (electronic format, sample quantity, etc) are available on request.