CeramTec is a world leader in the design and manufacture of complex electronic ceramic components and assemblies used in a wide range of applications and cutting edge technologies.
CeramTec’s Electroceramics Divisions specialise in the development and production of various discs sizes, electrode and metallisation configurations. This range is fabricated from 33 available piezoelectric material formulations to respond to the ever growing challenges on new applications.
- Sizes from 1mm up to 254mm
- Thickness from 80μm up to 25.4mm
- Choice of metallisation (Silver, Nickel, Gold and others on request)
- Evaporated and chemically deposited metallisation’s available including Gold over Nichrome and electroless nickel
- Thickness frequency tuning available on request
- Wide choice of PZT formulations
- Diameter from 1mm (0.04”) to 254mm (10”)
- Thickness from 0.08mm (0.003”) to 25.4mm (1”)
Parts can be produced to the size ranges shown, but not in every combination of diameter and thickness dimensions.
Standard Mechanical Tolerances
- Diameter ± 0.150mm
- Thickness ± 0.05mm
Tighter mechanical tolerances are achievable but are dependent on the disc diameter and thickness.
- Silver fired thick film - Evaporated Nickel
- Electroless nickel - Gold flash
- Gold over Nichrome - Evaporating and others available on request
Appropriate statistical methods ranging from AQL’s to 100% testing are used on electrical parameters in accordance with EN-50324-1. A brief summary is provided in hard copy and typically includes low field measurements of capacitance, tan delta and the main parameters used to determine piezoelectric activity. Procedures other than this can be negotiated, and additional data requirements (electronic format, sample quantity, etc) are available on request.