The Technical Ceramics business of CeramTec offers a wide range of high voltage encapsulated discs suited to medical equipment and industrial applications.
We use mainly high K type 2 ceramics with dielectric constants from 1,000 to 10,000 selected for their volumetric efficiency in terms of capacitance.
These ceramic types do show significant and non-linear changes in dielectric constant with temperature and voltage and also exhibit changes with time, compared to type 1 materials.
Our encapsulated discs can be found in applications such as:
- DC power supplies
- Bypass, coupling and smoothing circuitry
- Medical scanners and X-ray power sources where low power ratings are required and larger capacitance changes with temperature can be tolerated
- HF Coupling
- Fast repetition pulse circuitry
- TIG welding (arc initiation) where a low loss factor is required to achieve maximum kVA at high frequencies
Encapsulated High Voltage capacitor discs of the type shown can be used in voltage multiplier circuits for high voltage low power DC supplies such as those used in Medical scanners, X-Ray equipment and electrostatic precipitators.
Parallel strings of series connected capacitors with cross-connected diodes can be used in the multiplier circuit.
The equipment is usually non-portable and made up of large capacitance units - typically 1500pF upwards with voltage ratings of 20-40kV.
In addition to the standard products, custom-made components can be supplied with different dimensions and electrical characteristics.
We have over 50 years of experience in providing quality capacitors suited to our customers exact requirements. We offer testing facilities which check items such as:
- Power frequency testing, 50Hz, up to 250kV
- Impulse testing up to 600kVpk
- Partial discharge testing up to 120kV
- DC testing up to 60kV
These facilities along with our extensive knowledge, ensure you receive a capacitor that optimises your product in your application. For more information on our encapsulated discs, contact us today.