CeramTec is a world leader in the design and manufacture of complex electronic ceramic components and assemblies used in a wide range of applications and cutting edge technologies.
CeramTec’s Global Electroceramics Division specialises in the development and production of various rings sizes, bearing variety of electrode and metallisation configurations. This variety of tubes is fabricated from 33 published and additional custom in-house piezoelectric material formulations to address needs such as high power, sensitivity, stability in cryogenic temperatures as also in high temperatures and extreme pressure imposing applications.
- Free Flooded Rings (FFR)
- HIFU therapeutic treatment
- Scientific equipment
- Outside Diameter from 8mm (0.3”) to 150mm (5.9”)
- Inside Diameter from 6mm (0.24”) to 140mm (5.5”)
- Length from 1mm (0.039”) to 150mm (5.9”)
- Length from 1mm (0.039”) to 150 (5.9”)
- Width from 8mm (0.3”) to 25.4mm (1”)
- Thickness from 5mm (0.2”) to 25.4mm (1”)
Parts can be produced to the size ranges shown, but not in every combination of dimensions expressed above. Tighter or wider dimension/tolerance can be reviewed on a request basis depending on application.
Standard Mechanical Tolerances
- Outside Diameter (*) ± 0.150mm
- Inside Diameter (*) ± 0.150mm
- Length (**) ± 0.05mm
- Width (**) ± 0.150mm
- Thickness (**) ± 0.05mm
- Angle ± 0.25°
Tighter mechanical tolerances are achievable but are dependent on the ring inside and outside diameters and thickness.
Notes: (*) Barrel design, (**) Wedge design
- Silver fired thick film - Evaporated Nickel
- Electroless nickel - Gold flash
- Tin - Evaporated Gold and others available on request
Appropriate statistical methods ranging from AQL’s to 100% testing are used on electrical parameters in accordance with EN-50324-1. A brief summary is provided in hard copy and typically includes low field measurements of capacitance, tan delta and the main parameters used to determine piezoelectric activity. Procedures other than this can be negotiated, and additional data requirements (electronic format, sample quantity, etc) are available on request.