Our world-class design capability for piezo sensors is backed by an extensive in-house capability for the testing of electrical properties of resonating structures.
Our design team has the expertise and the resources to optimize all types of piezo sensor and piezo transducer. We are experienced in all aspects of transducer design from acoustics and damping to adhesive technology and we have the capability to fine tune piezo materials and to match drive circuitry to transducer characteristics for high performance in critical systems.
We endeavour to provide the best possible ceramic and transducer solutions to our customers through our wide range of piezoelectric ceramic products:
- Custom formulated piezoelectric ceramic materials and shapes
- Single and multi-layer products
- Stack transducers – conventional and cold weld
- Flexural mode transducers
- Bonded and encapsulated assemblies
- Bimorph actuators and sensor
We utilise the following methods to custom design, develop and test transducers for our customers.
- 3D finite-element analysis software
- Proprietary computer modelling software including Solid works
- Impedance analyser (Agilent 4194A and 4294A)
- Laser vibrometer
- Sound pressure measurement
- Beam characterisation
- Power meter
- Climate chamber
- Shaker table, charge sensitivity measurement (for accelerometers)
- Optical inspection including SEM and vision CMM
- Acoustic characterisation (tank test) and echo response rigs
Our piezoelectric ceramic materials feature very good electrical loss properties, high coupling and excellent mechanical properties. This extensive portfolio of materials is combined with specialist manufacturing capabilities for cost-effective production of piezoelectric ceramic components and subassemblies in prototype to production volumes.
We are skilled in the assembly of custom products to meet tight customer specifications, and have invested in specialist equipment and resources to be able to meet a wide range of requirements.
With our patented cold weld technology we are able to manufacture very efficient piezoelectric ceramic stacks with low losses and high drive intensities, offering typically 20% better performance than conventional stacks.
Our capabilities include:
- Custom assembly
- Thermal cycling
- Humidity chamber
- Encapsulation (thermoplastic and thermoset)
Our transducer and sensor manufacturing facilities are certified to various ISO quality standards, for our certification please click this link.